Sr. Software Engineer at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
The Senior Engineer will apply their years of technical experience developing web applications towards building scalable ecommerce platform solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop software solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a standard for modular and test-driven code
- Take on large projects with a high level autonomy
- Contribute to important architectural decisions
- Learn new technologies and frameworks as needed
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience in using relational databases: MySQL, Postgres etc
- Experience building RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Relentless with best practices and willing to discuss the choices you make with your fellow engineers and teammates
- Love to code and solve complex problems in a clean, concise and extendable way
- Comfortable in early-stage, fast-paced, high-growth, resource-lean environments
- Experience developing for large-scale ecommerce (integrated shopping cart, PayPal API, Stripe etc).
- Experience with search utilities such as ElasticSearch or Solr.
- Familiarity with front-end MVCs such as Angular, Ember, React etc.
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Quarterly Company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (Stack Olympics, yoga on the beach, Dodger games, karaoke nights + more)
Due to COVID-19 all roles will start remotely until our company transitions back into the office.