Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Technology Department seeks a Software Engineer to join our Los Angeles, CA office. The Software Engineer will work directly with Viant’s ad server, managing a high-volume, low-latency application that processes billions of unique requests a day. This role offers a great opportunity to work with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms as part of bid optimization, dynamic performance optimization, as well as develop a self-diagnostic and healing architecture.
- Provide technical expertise to implement and deliver various web and other system projects
- Gather and analyze requirements, design and development of the projects
- Organize and participate in review sessions and contribute to design insights for the projects
- Develop good quality projects in a challenging timeframe and assist other members of the team
- Participate in system testing to ensure quality deliverables
- Contribute to the development and continuous review of the existing projects as well as participate in view and scope of future projects
- Engage in all phases of software development life cycle
- Interface with program managers and other developers for project-based assignments
- Contribute to and has responsibility for completion of assigned project
- Minimum B.S in computer science or related fields preferred
- Strong foundation in computer science and OOP
- 4+ years of experience programming in Java
- Experience programming in GoLang
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle and other database technologie
- Experience performing requirements gathering, analysis and specification
- Able to develop detailed design specifications
- Expert ability to effectively identify and resolve project issues in a timely manner
- Commitment to providing excellent quality products
- Strong analytical and logic thinking capability
- Good organizational abilities, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable to fast changes in product requirements and development environment
- A team player and can effectively utilize the resource provided by the team/company
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.