UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. This innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 120+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
We are only accepting applications from candidates living in the following States:
California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, & Hawaii
The application: Node.js shop with a React & Angular frontend. Platform built with Express & GraphQL in a microservices architecture. Infrastructure on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. Both MongoDB & PostgreSQL databases. Containerized with docker, orchestrated with Kubernetes, and Helm ties it all together in our CI pipeline.
What you'll do:
- As one of the most experienced Engineers at a growing SaaS startup, you will make meaningful contributions to the overall success of a close-knit product and engineering team
- Using agile methods, you will help build new features that impact critical areas of our product lines
- Develop reusable UI components and front-end libraries
- Optimize components for maximum performance across all browsers and devices
- Translate designs, styling guides, and wireframes into high-quality code
- Analyze website performance and implement solutions for improvement
- Write unit and integration performance tests
- Partner closely with product management, UX design, and mobile development teams
- Complete projects on-time, collaboratively, and with minimal supervision
- Participate in code review, deployment, and improvements to our ability to ship reliable code
- Provide guidance to other engineers, contributing to a culture of teamwork and collaboration
What you've done:
- UI development (React.js required)
- Styling guides (Storybook preferred) and building highly reusable UI components
- Microservice architecture (Client-side Apollo GraphQL required)
- Writing code in cloud-service environments (AWS preferred)
- Consuming and designing RESTful APIs (Node.js preferred)
- Unit test writing (Selenium, TestCafe, Jest, or Mocha)
- Practice Agile Methodologies
- Exposure to mobile development
- BA in Computer Science or a related field is preferred (not required for someone with 5+ years of relevant experience)
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate is discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need accommodation due to disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.