Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET Mobile) at SpotOn
We’re looking for truly exceptional mobile Automation engineers who are ready to tackle interesting and complex challenges. We are looking for a team member who brings the technical skills to contribute and to further develop our automated testing frameworks with a quality focused approach. The ideal candidate would be able to create test plans and individual test cases across complex and interdependent systems incorporating both mobile and web technologies. This individual should be able to write stable and reliable automated tests that execute test cases in a deterministic fashion. An innate curiosity, attention to detail, and a desire to experiment and explore new technologies are essential qualities of an ideal for this role.
- Write robust automation scripts in Espresso framework using Kotlin
- Enhance and extend the mobile automation library
- Technical ownership of software testing infrastructure and integration with CI/CD, test rail
- Work on automation testing for all existing systems as and when required
- Maintain/triage test failures and create a weekly report on health of SUT
- Engage in cross-functional integration testing within technology teams covering multiple devices
- Provide the automation estimates to the team
- Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist the team
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing efforts through automation
- Experience in Kotlin
- Expertise with hands-on coding experience in automation testing frameworks like Espresso
- Experience testing and automating secure REST APIs testing
- Experience with Git and CI tools
- Experience in cross browser and cross platform testing
- Experience with android device management
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
Nice to haves
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in building scalable automation frameworks
- Ownership - you feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "done" until you’re confident it’s correct
- Be a team player - you believe that you can achieve more on a team, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; you rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Never stop learning - you expose yourself to the latest & great technologies and are continuously learning
- Be proactive - you discuss and make suggestions for process improvement on how to do things more efficiently
- Collaborate - you partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!