Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineers in Test to perform new feature automation to propel testing and validation of the Ring devices. In addition, you will be responsible for automation of features that expand current product capability and deliver existing features to new countries and regions.
Software Development Engineers in Test focus on delivering tools, frameworks and testing infrastructure to facilitate the testing process. They help to provide a means to test code at the backend, cloud, unit or user level with automated tools. SDETs have command of and utilize techniques to debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. SDETs work with Software QA Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and how best to represent features through automated testing. SDETs also work with groups and organizations such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test infrastructure that allows us to more directly simulate user behavior and test suites that approximate real-world environments for various types of products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and years relevant work experience, or relevant work experience
- 7+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience testing and building automation on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Experience in Python/Java coding and user-level automation
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience with UI Test Automation
- Experience with C++ and object oriented programming language
- Experience in the domain of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with executing performance, longevity and device interoperability tests in the confines of the mobile application space
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Read Full Job Description