Sr. SDET - Offers at Honey
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Los Angeles team.
About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you'll take ownership of helping build automation and testing that will ensure high quality releases. You can expect to work with a diverse set of critical teams such as the Extension, Droplist, Offers, and Honey Pay. Your contribution will impact how we ensure that Honey is the better way to buy, by providing high impact information when our users are making their purchasing decisions.
What You'll Do:
As a SDET at Honey, you will:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) and own the testing for your product
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment
- Execute test automation code in a collaborative environment
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Work closely with your mission team to test your team’s products
- Work closely with other QA Engineers and SDETs as a mentor
- Implement automation to increase test coverage
- Making frequent contributions to our testing framework
- Building tools to support automated testing of your product
- You like to break other people’s code and then help them debug
- You take pride in automating repetitive tasks, no matter how simple
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You have experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You have experience with front-end testing tools (Selenium Web Driver, Grid)
- You know the difference between BDD and TDD and have experience with at least one
- You have experience with basic database queries (MySQL, Postgres, Mongo)
- You are comfortable working on the command line
- You are comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation
- You have a working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- You are able to manage your time well and provide accurate time estimates
- You enjoy helping to improve quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- You want to own the code repository and are dedicated to maintaining high code quality
- You set high standards and hold others to those standards
- Experience testing iOS and Android applications
- Experience using Datadog for monitoring and observability
- Experience creating synthetic checks to monitor and test HTTP-based APIs
- Experience working with applications deployed in to public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience running tests in a continuous integration system like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
- Experience with performance or load testing
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with SauceLabs, BrowerStack, or other browser compatibility testing tools
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Los Angeles - Traction, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].