Sr. QA Automation Engineer | Big Data
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in QA Automation Engineering
- 3+ years experience building automation frameworks from scratch (Java, NodeJS and/or Python preferred) and with test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG
- Experience of implementing continuous integration of automation scripts with build scripts
- Experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and other big data technologies.
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPUI, Postman and automation of APIs
- Experience with load testing tools and suites such as JMeter, BlazeMeter
- Experience with data validation automation and ETL processes testing
- Experience with databases such as MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hive etc.
- Experience with AWS and any cloud based platforms
- Experience with Web and Mobile debugger tools
- Great communication and people skills with an experience of onsite/offshore model
- Perform manual testing, software quality assurance, and implement test automation
- Perform both blackbox and whitebox testing
- Utilize QA tools such as Selenium, JMeter, and Jenkins
- Create infrastructure to execute automation scripts on a scheduled basis
- Perform heavy data validation and ETL processes testing
- Perform load testing utilizing JMeter scripts
- Collaborate with Engineering Team to document practices and standards for QA
- Utilize hosted load testing services such as BlazeMeter and FloodIO to distributing the load geographically
- Report QA activities and project status to Engineering and Product Management on a weekly basis
- Write test plans, test cases, status reports and summary reports
- Participate in daily scrum and bi-weekly sprint planning meetings
- Perform cross OS/browser and multi-device testing
An Ideal Candidate
- Is able to work independently and is a great team player
- Has experience with QA automation tools such as Selenium, SoapUI.
- Has knowledge of database tuning and what effects performance
- Has AWS services experience and cloud based automated testing
- Has experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Can utilize hosted load testing services such as BlazeMeter and FloodIO to distributing the load geographically.
- Has experience performing cross browser and multi-device testing
About Bridg:Bridg is a marketing software company that provides a CRM solution, email and SMS marketing, insights and analytics, mobile app and loyalty program development for restaurants and retailers. Powered by transaction data, Bridg builds unique 360º customer profiles to understand individualized behavior patterns, providing clients with deep data science used to create wide-reaching, effective personalized marketing campaigns that drive traffic and sales in a measurable way. Our headquarters is located in West LA / Santa Monica, and we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.