At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role:
GoodRx is looking for an experienced senior engineer to join our platform team's efforts to accelerate our product development lifecycle by building our next generation of infrastructure and automation. We lovingly refer to this as our "Cloud Experience" team.
As cloud technologies have advanced over the past decade so has the complexity and challenges with operating and managing each of these bespoke solutions. No single person can be an expert in every AWS service, the nuances of Kubernetes, or the complexities of every RDBMS solution. Our mission is to help create robust abstractions on top of our cloud technologies so that our product development teams can focus on delivering incredible health care experiences for our customers and not spend time wrangling the latest YAML spec changes with Kubernetes.
- Work with our product development teams to understand their workflows and experiences with our cloud technologies and help to eliminate any pain-points that exist
- Study bottlenecks in our release cycles and help to accelerate the delivery of our products through automation and best practices
- Assist in our transformation onto Kubernetes & containers
- Mentor and coach teams on the latest cloud technologies that we support so that they can choose the right tool for the job
- Innovate and iterate on our internal tools that help improve our product development lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have extensive experience (3-5 years) working with, and managing, AWS based infrastructure.
- 1-2 years of working with a production grade Kubernetes environment.
- Experience with Docker both in development and production environments.
- Experience leveraging Terraform or similar "Infrastructure as Code" technology.
- Experience working in a traditional product development lifecycle so that you can empathize and relate to our customers (our fellow software engineers).
- Nice to Haves: Experience writing internal or external tools in Typescript, NodeJS, GoLang, or Python.
- Training: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- Have a passion for helping and educating your colleagues.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a desire to learn and continuously educate oneself on the technologies in our stack and those that can further enable us to grow and deliver even faster (without sacrificing quality).
- Show a willingness to receive and give appreciative and constructive feedback so that each of us knows what we do well and where we still have room to grow.
- Have contagious feeling of joy and love for what you do.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description