Sr. Network Engineer, Corporate Systems & Insights
Sr Network Engineer, Corporate Systems and Insight
Service Titan is seeking an exceptional Sr Network Engineer to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space.
The role is responsible for creating and maintaining our enterprise network and infrastructure through network design, maintenance, administration activities in communication and connectivity services, and supporting employee infrastructure for our offices in Glendale and Atlanta.
You will be joining the growing team of corporate Systems and Insight and work cross functionally with multiple teams in IT, Engineering, Product and business groups.
What you’ll do:
- Works on issues and project of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate communications to the customer are occurring
- Design, analysis, planning, modification, and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems.
- Management of all network equipment supporting the enterprise for both project and operational requirements
- Support complex service requests for network and security components
- Provision of specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; the provision of information for hardware and software selection; and the choice of tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Test network and security systems
- Monitor and resolve network incidents on a 24X7 basis
- Provide disaster recovery and backup solutions,
- The position maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and gateways
What you’ll need:
- 10+ Years of Network Architecture, Design and Engineering experience for switches, routers also, firewalls.
- 5+ years of this time as a Network Administrator or Support Engineer for a large networked environment with an in-depth understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, IPSEC, SSL-VPN, OSPF, BGP, UTM, VRRP, SNMP, Spanning tree, MLAG, Link aggregation, QoS, Port Security, SD-WAN, VLAN, VOIP, CLI commands and the ability to be the final point of escalation and problem solving
- Expert knowledge of Cisco, routers, and switches, plus having experience with Fortinet and Zyxel
- Expert knowledge of Fortinet, Firewalls and switches, plus having experience with Zyxel.
- Knowledge on Rokus and/or Cisco Meraki Wireless Networking.
- Understanding of Virtualization environments such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Expert knowledge of working with Linux and Windows servers.
- Experience working with Servers and NAS hardware.
- Experience working with RADIUS
- Experience working with Veeam and cloud backup.
- Experience working with Security Encryption Systems and Endpoint Security Systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff
- Have participated successfully in large and complex LAN/MAN infrastructure implementations like new locations, core router, and switch upgrades, EOL refresh projects.
- Experience in a 7x24x365 Production Environment
- Must be a strong independent contributor who is a team player capable of mentoring and helping their peers to become strong technical peers. Must be able to manage multiple deliverable's simultaneously.