Sr. Mechatronics Engineer; Electronics Packing Design, Analysis, Testing
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead Design mechanical packaging and/or mounting brackets for various electronics components, ensuring such are designed with manufacturability and integration in mind
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers across the company to ensure integration compatibility
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, EMI/EMC team to ensure design meets necessary EM, electrical, and electronics packaging requirements
- Lead and perform necessary trade studies to ensure mechanical design meets environmental, electrical, or sensing requirements
- Lead and conduct structural/mechanical analysis of packaging, ensure design meets necessary vibration, shock, thermal, and other requirements
- Aid in troubleshooting various hyperloop hardware ranging from PCB testing and debug, sensor, and other peripheral testing
- Facilitating testing of both mechanical and electronic units, working with Test and Dev team and/or test facilities as needed.
- Identify manufacturing/fabrication options
- Lead and/or work with supply integration team to identify and engage manufacturing/fabrication options
- Provide and/or work with test team to provide test procedures, plans, and results
- Perform necessary documentation and design life cycles
- Lead and perform design cycle reviews
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics as needed
- Work with and manage vendors as needed in order to deliver design(s)
- Conduct or work with technicians to build and test protype units
- Lead investigations of failures or anomalies.
- Understand electrical system design and integration practices
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design concerns
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
The candidate must have practical mechanical engineering experience with understanding of both mechanical design/analysis as well as knowledge of electrical engineering and embedded control systems fundamentals.
- Skilled Mechanical Engineer with background in electronics and sensor packaging and mounting
- Good understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals and ability to aid in debugging electrical-mechanical systems (namely embedded systems and sensing)
- Problem Solver: Take action, fill gaps, provide solutions
In addition, the Sr. Mechatronics Engineer; Electronics Packing Design, Analysis must possess the following characteristics:
• Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
• A learner: you’re always eager to learn new skills; faced with a new challenge, you apply considerable research skills and diligence to figure it out
• Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
• Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- 5+ years of hand on experience in Mechanical Design utilizing NX, ANSYS, and Teamcenter
- Excellent structure, thermal, dynamic (envelope) analysis
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave