Sr. Manager Product Design Engineering (Greater LA Area, CA)
Spectacles are Snap's hand-free camera that take in both photo and video content that is shareable on, and off, Snapchat. With hardware and augmented reality working in tandem, Spectacles make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and relive them later.
Snap Lab is home to Spectacles - a camera inspired by the human eye, powered by your imagination - and a world-class research & development team that is paving the way for the future of the camera. Snap Lab builds creative technology that helps overlay computing on the world around us.
We're looking for a Sr. Manager, Product Design Engineering to join the Snap Lab team!
What you'll do:
- Build and nurture a team of exceptional engineers and technical leaders
- Influence the development and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Design, prototype and launch a variety of exciting new products
- Collaborate with multiple design and engineering teams as well as external vendors and partners
- Drive all phases of mechanical development from concept to mass production
- Develop and conduct technical design reviews to identify problems, select designs, materials, and technologies
- Lead the product design engineering team members to greatness
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in 3D CAD and 2D documentation (NX experience preferred)
- Knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing methods including prototyping, process development, and mass production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong technical background in product design, system architecture, tolerance analysis, structural analysis, top-down CAD design, and detailed plastic and metal part design
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as mechanical engineering or equivalent years of experience
- 11+ years of consumer electronics product engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience building and developing innovative consumer grade devices
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related technical field
- Experience developing AR / VR consumer electronic devices at scale
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week). For roles with remote consideration: Remote team members still are expected to travel for mandatory in-person gatherings and to fulfill business needs, at least 4 to 6 times per year.
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected].
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) :
The base salary range for this position is $265,000-$385,000 annually.
Zone B :
The base salary range for this position is $252,000-$366,000 annually.
Zone C :
The base salary range for this position is $225,000-$327,000 annually.
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.