At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer to be part of the Brand Savings Engineering team. This team’s mission is to remove all barriers to prescription adherence by connecting patients with the most convenient and affordable brand therapy options, based on their unique circumstances and needs.
As our Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will be collaborating with the rest of our engineering, product, design, data, and analytics team to transform ideas into exceptional products to help our users find affordable therapy solutions. You’ll be responsible for developing, prototyping, and designing front-end React/Typescript/Contentul web applications while ensuring responsiveness and reusability of various components. You are passionate about innovation and playing around with the latest technologies and assisting the team in innovating and pushing the boundaries of our backend services and web technologies. As part of this role, you’ll also be responsible for developing and maintaining backend services and APIs in GoLang that power our Brand Savings products. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain reusable systems that drive our complex web applications.
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code to turn ideas into production quality products.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Improve our design system and make other cross cutting architecture improvements to our overall architecture in both the Front-end and Back-end codebases.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users
- Experience with our front-end technologies – React, TypeScript, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, Lerna, Webpack, and Express
- Experience with our back-end technologies – GoLang, Python, gRPC, and Pyramids
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessor or css-in-js
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you may work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key
- Experience building and maintaining responsive and/or isomorphic web applications
- Knowledge of how performance on the web is measured and experience with tools like Lighthouse, Runscope, Sentry, and/or Datadog
- WCAG 2.0+ AA and/or accessibility standards for web
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Network (CDNs) level caching for static assets and static/dynamic web pages
- Knowledge with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like Travis, Circle, Drone, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience with multi-package manager tools like Lerna
- Knowledge or experience with React Hydration similar to Gatsby
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description