Sr Front End Software Engineer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Senior Front End Software Engineer
Do you dream about great user experiences and intuitive user interfaces – and know what it takes to deliver those in an SOA based microservices environment? Do you love to work on small nimble teams that focus on writing amazing code to deliver great products with big impact that are loved by customers?
We are looking for a seasoned UI focused developer with a passion for building intuitive user interfaces and expertise in understanding great user experiences for a variety of technology products. We want someone that is driven, takes ownership and is solution oriented to join an established team working on our next generation products.
What we're looking for...
You're someone who not only loves building great software but is also passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on quickly getting stellar products to market. You have the skills and experience but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- Implement modular clients that communicate with scalable aggregation services
- Provide UI architectural oversight/solutions to the current team
- Work on integrations with other internal and external teams
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories, and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Learn new languages and choose the right language to solve the problems at hand
- Design solutions that integrate with in Service-oriented architecture (SOA), microservices, and REST APIs
- Refractor code to reduce code complexity but understand delivery matters more than perfect code
- Prioritize mitigating security vulnerabilities as a part of your normal development process
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or information technology or additional 4 years' professional work experience.
6 + years professional programming experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience each, with two or more of the following languages/frameworks:
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture (SOA) environments, microservices, and REST APIs
- Experience in scaling applications
- Experience mitigating security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications with tools like JMeter or Apache Bench
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Excellent communication skills
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Please include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above, if necessary. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered for this position you must also show how you meet the Basic Qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.