Sr. Front End Engineer - Media
Leaf Group is looking for a Front End Engineer who is dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver to join our Media Engineering team at our Santa Monica, CA office. With over 100 million unique visitors per month, our success is based on the stability of our products’ performance, usability, and user experience. As part of our Media Engineering team, you will help provide the technical foundation to make this happen.
The ideal candidate is passionate about engineering, great user experiences, and is excited to work on initiatives that help build our business. If you're as excited as we are, then you know what to do! Come join our fun, fast paced, energetic team, which utilizes the best technologies the web can offer.
You’ll Report To: Manager, Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with other members of the engineering team to build robust, reusable, and maintainable code to support and grow our brands
- Working closely with our product and design teams to create dynamic UIs, brand building features, and ad products
You’ll be successful if you are a motivated frontend engineer specialized in building scalable, maintainable, isomorphic sites utilizing Vue.js/React, Webpack, and LESS/SASS technologies.
What You Should Have:
- Experience with component driven development using applications frameworks (Vue.js, React, Angular).
- Experience with Webpack configurations and SSR, isomorphic architectures.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS to create pixel perfect responsive, mobile first websites.
- Have a good understanding of SEO principles and semantic markup.
- Strong understanding of building web apps powered by RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable with NPM, Developer Tools, Git, and Code Reviews.
- Deeply care about web performance, loading fast, and staying fast.
- Experience with testing frameworks, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with ad solutions such as DFP, skins, and sponsored campaigns is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.