Sr. Data QA Engineer
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field
- 5+ years automation experience, preferably in big data projects.
- Experience with databases such as MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hive etc.
- Experience writing and executing SQL queries for complex datasets
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and other big data technologies.
- Experience developing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions like data modeling, ETL and reporting.
- Experience in web services (REST API) automation using postman, SOAPUI
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability
- Experience in leading team of QA Engineers and working offshore teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Testing and developing automation for high volume data pipelines, ETL transformations, and other data integration workflows.
- Designing and developing testing infrastructure and executing automation scripts on a scheduled basis for Big Data Platforms with understanding of Big Data programming models
- Perform load testing utilizing JMeter scripts.
- Testing and automating REST API services.
- Report and document QA activities and project status to Engineering and Product Management on a weekly basis.
- Write test plans, test cases, status reports and summary reports.
- Participate in daily scrum and bi-weekly sprint planning meetings.
- Automating IT operations tasks, batch job scheduling, and job orchestration.
- Enable simplified user access to massive data by building scalable data solutions
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations & implement innovative solutions
An Ideal Candidate
- Is able to work independently and is a great team player
- Has experience with QA automation tools such as Selenium, SoapUI.
- Has knowledge of database tuning and what effects performance
- Has AWS services experience and cloud based automated testing
- Has experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Can utilize hosted load testing services such as BlazeMeter and FloodIO to distributing the load geographically.
- Has experience performing cross browser and multi-device testing
About Bridg:Bridg is a marketing software company that provides a CRM solution, email and SMS marketing, insights and analytics, mobile app and loyalty program development for restaurants and retailers. Powered by transaction data, Bridg builds unique 360º customer profiles to understand individualized behavior patterns, providing clients with deep data science used to create wide-reaching, effective personalized marketing campaigns that drive traffic and sales in a measurable way. Our headquarters is located in West LA / Santa Monica, and we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.