Spacecraft System Engineer (El Segundo, CA)
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
Imagery Programs Division's (IPD) Reconnaissance Systems (RS) Office is looking for an engineer who wants to contribute and gain additional experience as a spacecraft system engineering in support of a next generation Radar payload major system acquisition. This role will provide system engineering support across the organization and take on increasing roles and responsibilities as they gain experience.
This position requires 100% in-person work in El Segundo, CA or Chantilly, VA
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing support in parts, materials, and processes management, requirements development, management, and tracing, requirements verification and validation, and system engineering control processes.
- Providing ad hoc technical team management for IPT activities across the program
- Coordinating support for collection segment milestone reviews
- Collaborating with SETA and government customer counterparts to meet mission needs.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
- Eight or more years of responsible professional engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with at least one space systems discipline
- Willing to support travel (typically 1 week per month)
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree in relevant technical field
- Experience working space vehicles systems engineering for National Security Space customers.
- Understanding of and experience working with a matrixed engineering organization.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Strong customer-oriented attitude with outstanding skills in coordinating exchanges between technical staff and the customer.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$103,300 - $131,900 - $160,500
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.