Space Crypto Architect / Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Portfolio Architect is working to create the space enterprise strategy and framework that informs SMC acquisitions across Air Force Space missions. Aerospace’s Secure Architectures & Specialty Engineering (SASE) department works with elements across the Portfolio Architect and SMC acquisition Corps to provide cross-program architecting and engineering support with a focus on cybersecurity, cryptography, key management, and resilient design.
In this position, the applicant will provide architecture and engineering support for the Portfolio Architect and Development Corps for the planning, development and integration of cryptography for space systems.
- Provide cryptographic architecting and engineering support to the SMC Portfolio Architect and Development Corps programs
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of crypto requirements and/or solutions for space programs.
- Provide support for crypto certification and integration to enable rapid and effective acquisition of space capabilities
- Coordinate resolution of issues across the Space Force, CCSD, NSA, and other Department of Defense components and agencies as required.
- Support security risk assessments and other systems engineering tasks.
- Work closely with programs to assess and define responses to emerging program risks, reaching out to develop small project teams across program office and ETG (Engineering & Technology Group) personnel as necessary.
- 8 years of technical professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering, science, mathematics, computer science) OR any Bachelor's from an accredited school and coursework/certificate in information systems security
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines, including requirements engineering, verification, test, and/or risk management
- Experience with systems engineering and architecting of cryptographic products or solutions
- Current TOP SECRET / SCI clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to travel
- Familiarity with digital engineering, MBSE, or architecture processes and tools
- Experience in designing and integrating crypto solutions for satellites
- Experience with the development, operations, sustainment or acquisition of SATCOM systems
- Experience with space acquisition policies and processes
- Experience with diverse space systems and missions
- Exhibits innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Current accesses or eligibility for SAP.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.