Solutions Engineer, 11+ Years of Experience (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles .
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We're deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We're looking for a Solutions Engineer to join Snap Inc!
What you'll do:
- Build new products and improve existing ones
- Collaborate with Snap product engineering teams and cross functional partners to meet business needs
- Understand and apply deep knowledge of products, technologies, and business to build solutions to solve for problems at scale
- Design and build end-to-end systems and launch-plan strategies
- Use broad range of technical and soft skills to build productive relationships with partners and independently resolve complex technical and business needs while contributing to partner documentation
- Apply expertise and product insight to deliver high-quality project/integration/partner engagements, while influencing product roadmap to meet the business needs
- Write and ship reliable, scalable, and efficient code
- Build and improve solutions in collaboration with engineering, product, and cross functional partners
- Identify and surface insights using metrics on product usage to increase adoption and provide new solutions that address the needs of partners
- Work with partners to develop a long-term strategic plan, grounded on business objectives, and manage partners during integrations with Snap's platform products and ensure value creation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with open source technologies
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to more junior team members
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong relationship development and collaboration skills
- BS in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 11+ years of experience as a software or solutions engineer shipping reliable, scalable, and efficient code
- Advanced degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience working with cross functional stakeholders to define business requirements and product roadmaps
- Experience working with large SaaS, PaaS and cloud platforms and building applications for third-party marketplaces
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week). For roles with remote consideration: Remote team members still are expected to travel for mandatory in-person gatherings and to fulfill business needs, at least 4 to 6 times per year.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) :
The base salary range for this position is $230,000-$335,000 annually.
Zone B :
The base salary range for this position is $219,000-$318,000 annually.
Zone C :
The base salary range for this position is $196,000-$285,000 annually.
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.