Appetize is the leading enterprise cloud point of sale (POS) and management platform trusted by the world’s highest volume businesses. Our mission is to enhance the guest ordering experience while making operations more efficient and productive. As the technology hub for commerce, we’ve connected our ordering technologies which include POS terminals, handheld devices, self-service kiosks, mobile and online ordering, with best-in-class application and technology integrations.
Appetize powers many well-known Fortune 500 companies and enterprises to process billions of dollars annually across multi-unit restaurants, sports and entertainment properties, education campuses, convention centers, theme parks, travel and leisure sites, for the NFL, MLB, NBA, Disney and Live Nation among others.
About the job
Appetize is looking for an exceptional Solutions Architect with an extensive background in Product roles working with APIs and technology partnerships. This is a critical role focused on new product development and enhancing features by leveraging your industry experience and technology market knowledge.
Key areas of focus will include gathering customer feedback and requirements, performing market analysis, and helping define the strategic product direction in partnership with Appetize’s Product Managers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role will require balancing client and internal relationships, to drive market-leading products through innovative and simplistic architecture.
- Determine solution product direction based off market trends, key client input and internal product/technical recommendations
- Partner with designers to incorporate User Experience as a key element of all product solutions
- Interact with key client stakeholders to gather requirements and present proposed solutions
- Document business requirements from clients pertaining to POS operations and reporting
- Create and present design materials, competitive comparisons, and develop strategy for solution readiness to the client
- Formulate and prepare high level estimates for client solutions and corresponding SOWs to support paid development
- Partner with multiple product managers internally to break down client requirements into clear roadmaps and deliverables while maintaining a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Manage collaboration and communication between multiple technical and product teams, to ensure all internal and external stakeholders share the same clear vision
- Contribute to product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities for multiple clients across Appetize’s key verticals
- Keep abreast of Appetize competitors and the industry
- Understand Agile/Scrum best practices
- Assist in RFP responses and prospective customer sales meetings
- Perform all other job related duties as requested
- 4+ years of previous experience working with APIs and guiding technical partner integrations in an operations or software systems role
- 5+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
- Critical problem solving skills regarding complex business problems that span operational through technical challenges
- Experience with research and market analysis and working with customers to determine the appropriate solution
- Experience gaining alignment and prioritization across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to read and write technical documentation, understand code logic and identification root cause defect analysis
- Experience interfacing with CxO-level client partners and comfort in presenting technical and business challenges
- POS, Kiosk or Mobile Ordering system domain expertise desired
- Experience with software tools such as Jira, Confluence and Swagger etc.
- Ability to create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition and mutual respect.
- Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Travel required to customer and prospective customer sites
- Experience in the Sports & Entertainment industry and / or Restaurant/QSR industry preferred
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!