Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE, you partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Design test plans to identify test automation scope and perform ad-hoc/exploratory feature testing
- Build and execute performance & load tests to verify engineering KPIs
- Implement tools and infrastructure changes to optimize test automation and testing techniques
- Validate release candidates using CI/CD platforms and rigorous regression testing methods
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
- Collaborate with team members within and across teams to ensure project requirements are met
- Understand and break down architectural designs to provide most efficient and comprehensive testing coverage
- Investigate and report issues based on findings from logs and various AWS services
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- API Testing using Java-Based Framework (TestNG + Maven + Java)
- Performance Testing
- AWS Experience
- 3+ years of test automation experience using Java-based test frameworks (TestNG, Rest Assured, etc)
- 3+ years of Functional API testing experience
- 1+ years of Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools (jMeter, Curl, WebPageTest, etc)
- Significant knowledge of AWS cloud platform and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.