Software Quality Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
The Software Quality Engineer shall be responsible for assuring process controls of software development and deployment throughout the software lifecycle. This person will work closely with embedded software, machine intelligence, RAMS, electrical design, manufacturing, and suppliers that influence the architecture, requirements, design, and testing.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting thorough verification to ensure end-to-end software components and integrated hardware/software systems run smoothly and meet requirements. Candidates will have the skill set and experience to meet the responsibilities noted below.
- Create and deploy project specific Software Quality Assurance Plan.
- Review, validate, and assure software design requirements, FMEA, and hazard analysis (as applicable) are incorporated throughout the VH lifecycle.
- Witness execution of software qualification and system acceptance tests to ensure tests are executed in accordance with approved test procedures and requirements are fully verified.
- Support software design reviews, audits, program meetings, and configuration control board meetings.
- Review source code and provide technical feedback and solutions alternatives.
- Test products through all phases of development life cycle including the development phases (Unit/Functional/ regression/integration/performance testing)
- Develop and incorporate policies and procedures that support adherence to EN501XX, IEC61508, and/or equivalent standards.
- Provides guidance/direction to external contractors working on system validation projects.
- Design/Develop/Execute load testing and performance testing scripts based on application usage scenarios.
- Perform white box and black box testing to verify products meet or exceed specifications.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing program and processes.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Facilitate root cause analysis on major findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Work with development team to improve unit test coverage, frameworks, and productivity tools.
- Extensive knowledge working with complex embedded systems.
- Experience in manual and automation testing.
- Experience programmatically testing products, measuring test coverage, developing automation, driving testability & diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality.
- Extensive knowledge using JIRA, GITHUB, JAMA, ZENHUB or similar version control, development, & bug tracking tools.
- Working experience incorporating software systems based on domestic/international regulatory guidelines from agencies such as (FRA, FAA, EASA, RTA, etc...)
- BS degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering or science background is preferred.
- Advanced experience working with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Software 2 thru 4
- 8+ years of professional experience as a test engineer with experience testing both software and hardware.
- 5+ years related experience as a validation engineer.
- Advanced experience with Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Experience working within ISO and EN standards such as 50128, 50129, 50126.
- Experience with root cause analysis, failure mode analysis, verification, and validation.
- Experience working with statistical tools including basic statistical inference, graphical methods, and regression.
- SW programming background with applied knowledge of C, C++ preferred.
- Experience with ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave