What you'll do
- Run an effective team that delivers high-quality user experiences in a timely fashion
- Work with engineers, product manager, designers, and other stakeholders to accomplish key outcomes
- Coaching team members by providing guidance and feedback for their growth
- Leading hiring and interviewing efforts to growth the team by working with the recruiting team
- Setting clear goals for team members, guiding them to accomplish those goals, and tracking progress
- Communicating progress with stakeholders across the company
- As a leader of an engineering team, the Web Apps Group Lead will need a deep technical background, especially in web application development
- 3+ years technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience in web application development.
- Prior engineering experience from the industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact
- They will need to be able to grok large codebases, understand backend systems, and learn new tools
- They will guide technical discussions and of evaluating tradeoffs to help inform decisions of other stakeholders
- Proven leader and manager with strong communication skills to effectively interact with our entire organization
- Experience with organizational design
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- We encourage people from all backgrounds go apply but our tech stack uses AWS, C++, Go, Typescript, and React so familiarity with all of these tools and languages would be useful
- Previous experience working with the DoD
- Startup experience
- 3D mapping experience