Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
We were named one of Fast Company’s “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies”, #1 in the Social Good category.What’s Different About Us:
- Big Impact - You will a part of the Omaze team mission of people dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world
- Growth - We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $130 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 84% “Recommend to a Friend”
- Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, but we are open to fully remote workers within the continental US (PST time zone)
- We dream the world better!
As a Engineering Manager, you are an experienced leader and a practicing software engineer who is excited about building innovative next-generation social good platforms to empower nonprofits to do their world-changing work. You are someone who still wants to be hands on, but also thrives on mentoring teams and cares about code quality and craft. You will need an experienced technical background, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You enjoy fostering leadership in others and gaining the trust and respect of your peers.
This position requires excellent communication, organizational and technical skills. You are able to collaborate with both technical and non technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you. You believe everyone has something to contribute, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
The Engineering Manager will also manage all normal employment aspects of the direct reports, including time off approvals, performance reviews, and escalations.What You’ll Do
- Manage one to two pods by empowering, mentoring, and growing engineers’ capabilities and careers
- Encourage a positive engineering culture, including an open environment of learning, questioning, “best idea wins”, and the “obligation to dissent”.
- Take on a leadership role in organizational changes in support of continuous improvement.
- Cause change that increases the skill of the development team, and work with other Engineering Managers and Delivery Leads to increase the effectiveness of the development organization.
- Help the development team build a relationship of trust, equality, and cooperation with the Product Owner and technical leadership.
- Hire and onboard engineering staff and supports organizational structures.
- Contribute to technical excellence through involvement in our communities of practice
- Participate in architectural and design conversations
- Jump in to help teams deliver value to customers as needed.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience, and managing engineers. Experience in partnering with product and delivery teams in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with designing scalable architectural patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud-Native architectures.
- Proven ability to design, architect and implement robust and scalable enterprise systems .
- Experience with Microservice/micro frontend architectures
- Prior experience mentoring full stack teams and managing projects.
- Don’t meet all of the requirements...apply anyway!
- eCommerce Experience
- Full Stack Experience
- Experience doing TDD
- A proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is highly responsive.
- A continuous hunger for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical people.
- An organized, systemic thinker who can document architectures, translate ideas and requirements into units or work that align with the mission of the team.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failure.