Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing multiple software engineering teams that are designing and implementing features and functionality to scale and grow FloQast’s B2B SaaS products and platforms. This role requires the ability to balance between people management and leadership and technical leadership responsibilities. This role will be a key contributor to growing our team by recruiting and hiring software engineers as well as by helping to mentor and lead our current software engineering teams toward building world class software. The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for working collaboratively within their teams, with other teams, with other managers and with senior leadership in creating an engineering culture of excellence. This role reports to the VP of Engineering and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company.
*On-site applicants only - remote developers will not be considered for this position *Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop teams of software engineers to grow your team members’ career paths.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, QA, architecture, security and DevOps teams using lean software development, DevOps and agile principles to deliver software in a B2B SaaS product.
- Recruit, hire and retain software engineering staff by participating in recruiting and interview efforts.
- Work with other engineering managers and senior engineering leaders to continuously invest in and improve the engineering department processes, practices and culture.
- Advocate for software product quality and delivery by promoting automated testing, CI/CD, DevOps and lean software development practices.
- Cultivate an engineering culture of innovative, egoless, high trust problem solving.
- Work with other departments as needed to collaborate on projects that span outside of engineering (HR, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success).
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience with track record of leading software engineering teams to deliver projects to a paying customer base.
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor as a software engineer, preferably using open source software and platforms.
- 5+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to deliver software to market.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring personnel in software engineering roles on your teams.
- Experience managing and coaching individuals’ performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Experience managing more than 1 software engineering team simultaneously.
- Experience working on SaaS products with real, paying customers.
- Hands-on experience in some or all of our stack which is MongoDB, Express, React and Node (MERN).
- Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructures.
- You care about things like software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership among others.
Why join FloQast?
FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check out what people are saying on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- FloQast ranked on the 2019 Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal
- FloQast ranked on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.