Software Engineering Manager, Compliance Product at FloQast (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Our Engineering Managers are responsible for building inclusive, collaborative, and customer-focused teams that deliver predictably. They use their technical background to coach and grow team members while also iterating on process improvements that help the teams succeed. Engineering Managers at FloQast also partner closely with Product Management, Design, and other disciplines to focus on the proper outcomes for our customers. This role reports to the Director of Engineering and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Guide the team with delivery: From discovering the customer problem to the time the problem is solved, our engineering managers work across multiple disciplines to guide the teams in finding iterable, technically sound, high-quality work.
- Create leaders: This Engineering Manager (EM) is responsible for the career and performance of the software and quality engineers they manage to continually coach, mentor, and sponsor them in their growth. The EM is an active partner in each person's success.
- Build out the org with hiring and retention: Work with engineering and recruiting to continue to attract people to join FloQast, and creates the environment on their teams to retain them.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience with a track record of leading software engineering teams to deliver products to a paying customer base
- 4+ years of experience as an individual contributor/software engineer, preferably using open source software and platforms.
- 5+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to deliver software to market.
- A passion for software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership, and other means to guide technical teams.
- Experience managing more than one software engineering team simultaneously.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring personnel in software engineering roles on your teams.
- Experience managing and coaching individuals' performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
- Experience leading and managing teams and working remotely.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
- Experience managing and leading quality engineering personnel.
- Experience working on SaaS products with real, paying customers.
- Hands-on experience in some or all of our stack: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node (MERN).
- Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructure.
The base pay range for this position is $150,000- $210,000. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,000 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.