Software Engineer at TigerConnect
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Team Lead, Engineering
TigerConnect is seeking a brilliant software engineer to help us build and maintain our core scheduling product. This position will have an initial focus on improving the sustainability of the product. You’ll be working with world-class engineers on one of the most sophisticated and secure healthcare platforms in the market today. Join us in our shared mission to transform healthcare and save lives by improving patient outcomes, emergency room wait times, and physician burnout rates in hospitals!
What You’ll Own:
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, implementation of applications with necessary customization
- Build and maintain end-to-end solutions using Perl, Ruby and React utilizing cutting edge frameworks and technologies
- Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
- Provide support for both internal and external clients
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain and enhance cloud applications in iterative release cycles
- Research and find opportunities to utilize web and server development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
What You Bring to the Table:
- Ability to drive to clarity when requirements are ambiguous
- Excellent coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web applications
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience using Amazon Web Services -- ECS, RDS, ECR, S3
- Experience using Github and Github Actions
- Experience using Terraform and/or Terraform Cloud
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate across many job disciplines
- Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
- Penchant for maintaining, optimizing, and modernizing legacy codebases.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent market experience
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day. We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA’s 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
TigerConnect Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice