Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our autonomous 3D printing robotic cells.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown you will be working with our Additive Manufacturing team in order to create proprietary software applications that will run our deposition processes autonomously. This means that you will be building softwares that run in real time, store high velocity data, monitor the printing process, work with live streams from multiple sensors and be involved with a lot more exciting research and development!
Your objectives will entail building a maintainable decoupled micro service driven architecture, user interfaces based on the view-controller design patter, implementing a continuous integration pipeline, turning prototypes into production ready systems, simplifying sensor addition to our 3D printer and a major component of your responsibilities will include supporting the real time control infrastructure which can run up to 21 days continuously.
You have ideally built real time data acquisition, monitoring and control systems that are robust and maintainable. At Relativity, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining softwares that are critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Requires Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing and building real time control systems
- Experience working with various database technologies
- Expert in Python, C++, C#, .NET, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with containers
- Experience visualizing time series data and building user interfaces
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern
- Experience with InfluxDB, Grafana
- Database administration/configurations
- Experience implementing Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms in real time
- Experience working with industrial robots
- Experience working with EtherCAT
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description