Greater LA Area
The mission of the Platform Engineering Team at Next Trucking is to provide product platform APIs, delivery pipeline tools, and infrastructure that enable the application development teams to deliver product and value to our customers rapidly, reliably, and painlessly.
In this role, you will be building the platform technology and infrastructure that drives Next Trucking's product delivery. Creating reliable, performant, and scalable services requires deep technical expertise and a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. You will be applying this expertise to build the platform on which all of Next Trucking's applications are built. You will be working cross-functionally within engineering and product to align the technology being built with the product strategy and vision by establishing best practices, demonstrating technical leadership, and build high performance APIs. You will help expand and mature our software delivery pipeline to support an ever growing team of engineers. You will be joining a mission driven team that values getting things done, learning, and building a strong engineering focused culture.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the craft of software development. This person will also have a keen interest in benefiting from the mentoring they'll receive from Senior and Principal Engineers. This person thrives in a startup environment where every individual has a significant impact on the technology and is empowered to make decisions and get things done.
- 3+ years of full stack or back-end production engineering experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience delivering products within a service oriented, micro-service, or other modern architecture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members.
- Motivated by a time sensitive opportunities and project ownership.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience in operating software systems in AWS.
- Engaged in the open source software community.
- Strong sense of customer empathy.
- In love with coding.
Next Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary and Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
Read Full Job Description