Software Engineer at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Software Engineer will work on a team of skilled engineers and contribute to the design and development of product features as well as major system components.
What You'll Do:
- Develop software solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a standard for modular and test-driven code
- Learn new technologies and frameworks as needed
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails (or you know the fundamentals and you're comfortable working in a variety of dynamic programming languages)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience in using relational databases: MySQL, Postgres etc
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Love to code and solve complex problems in a clean, concise and extendable way
- Comfortable in early-stage, fast-paced, high-growth, resource-lean environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with front-end MVCs such as Angular, Ember, React etc.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!