Software Engineer (Unity) at MobilityWare (Orange County, CA)
Want to impact the world? We Bring Joy to Others, one game at a time. And by others, we mean tens of millions of players, every single day.
You’ll be a hands-on engineer, using Unity C# for features, ongoing support, and entirely new games. You’ll thrive in a dynamic environment, contributing to the engineering success of nineteen live titles, with more every year. You’ll be empowered, adaptable, and hungry for lifelong learning.
Whether your passion is game logic, architecture, or user interfaces, you’ll be a strong team member that iterates without attachment by working closely with artists, designers, and product owners. You’ll value your work, your customers, and the ability to excel in a no-crunch environment whose purpose is to bring joy to others. If this excites you, let’s talk.
- Be a client engineer that helps ship successful evergreen mobile games
- Build, maintain, and enhance games in Unity C#
- Triage bugs, integrate SDK’s, and develop reliable code
- Develop tools, utilities, and pipelines for our designers, production staff, and artists
- Communicate timelines, own tasks, and participate in Scrums
- Relate to our mottos: “Slow Down to Speed Up” and “Deliver Value Sooner”
- B.S. in a relevant field (or comparable studio experience)
- Strong Unity C# experience, with an emphasis on 2D, UI, and/or game logic
- 1 to 5 years of professional game development with proven past performance
- Strong OO skills
- Emphasis on quickly developing reliable, maintainable code
- A growth mindset that embraces continuous learning
- Excited about evergreen games that impact tens of millions of players
A Little Bit About Us:
MobilityWare is one of the leading mobile game publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time. Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and a 401K with competitive contribution.
- Annual, all-inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- In the office we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $90,000-$135,000.