ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELLTM Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL is looking for a talented engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. The Software Engineer in Test is a critical role that contributes directly to the stability of the WELL product, its usability, and the speed at which the product can be improved. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be closely collaborating with the entire engineering department to ensure the best-possible product is delivered to our customers and users.
Leveraging your engineering abilities, you will work quickly and efficiently to test our product and guard against defects. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Develop automated tests for all technologies at WELL
- Maintain testing pipelines and results
- Create test plans and run them as needed
- Identify components in need of testing and prioritize the writing of those tests
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and client success staff to ensure the best-possible testing is acheived
- Create and manage defect tickets for new and existing functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 0-4 years of experience developing automated tests in a professional environment
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Experience with a testing framework (pytest, jest)
- Experience with Jira, Testrail, and Selenium or Playwright
- An eagerness to learn and openness to feedback
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.