Software Engineer in Test (Performance Testing Engineer) (Aspire) at ServiceTitan (Remote)
We're Aspire, a ServiceTitan company
We're Aspire, the leading SaaS provider for commercial landscaping, snow and ice removal, and janitorial businesses. Acquired by ServiceTitan in 2021, the world's leading provider of software for the trades, our cloud-based business management system enables contractors to grow their business, streamline operations, provide insights, and ultimately impress their customers. When you join our team, you'll be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in St. Louis, with an award-winning culture that's been celebrated by the St. Louis Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. Trusted by thousands of premier field services leaders in the U.S. and Canada, our solutions empower our clients to make better business decisions for their company. Our partnership with ServiceTitan has enabled us to continue scaling our platform and customer base while maintaining our collaborative, tight-knit culture.
Ready to make your career move?
The Software Engineer in Test (SEiT) will be responsible for ensuring high quality performance and load test deliverables. Additionally, this person will utilize modern enterprise tools and processes with fast feedback to the product team of performance metrics and results. Our team of Software Engineers in Test (SEiT's) are engaged in writing frameworks and tools to test our products. Our Software Engineers in Test (SEiT's) leverage open-source technologies and other tools to improve test coverage and increase the quality of our software.
SEiT's at Aspire understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality processes. Our SEiT's work directly with both Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Specialists to understand product features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools to help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SEiT's understand customer usage models and can develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
What You Will Do:
- This position is a hands-on technical role that will assist with designing, developing, and implementing performance & load testing solutions while working closely with cross functional partners
- The Software Engineer in Test (SEiT) will be involved in creating, reviewing, and validating performance non-functional requirements and technical specifications
- You will continuously evaluate ways to drive process improvements that involve performance testing and monitoring
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to contribute to planning and design, review product code, and formulate test scenarios.
- Develop test automation frameworks and automated tests on multiple application platforms, such as mobile and web, build test scenarios, and construct regression, integrations, performance, and acceptance tests.
- Create and maintain appropriate test data.
- Understand the product code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understand project documents, user stories, and product objectives to create and execute tests.
- Investigate customer problems and create automated tests to recreate them.
- Research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrade existing practices and processes.
- Be a key contributor to the architectural design of the software for testability.
- Design testing framework software components using object-oriented techniques.
- Code and debug testing framework software components for all layers of our product.
- Develop detailed unit tests for all your code.
- Be an active leader in the continuous improvement of our quality and development processes.
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience of minimum 6 years
- 3+ years of experience in developing automated tests
- Experience setting up the framework for performance testing
- Mobile testing experience with physical devices and cloud based device testing
Preferred Skills Requirements:
- Understanding of software testing methodologies, life cycle and processes.
- Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience with .Net framework is required
- Experience with performance testing (load, stress, spike) required
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases (T-SQL).
- Automated Unit Testing (MSTest, nUnit, xUnit, etc.) is required
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in understanding & assessing performance and managing systems development in new and established computing architectures and environments (e.g., client/server, Web, mobile) is required
- Hands-on experience using performance test tools like Load Runner (Performance Center), Neoload, JMeter, K6, etc is required
- Strong expertise on varied protocols like Web, API, Mobile, DB, Citrix, etc. is required
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server, SQL and data manipulation, and tuning is required
- Experience in any of Application Performance Monitoring tools like Azure AppInsights, Dynatrace, Newrelic, Splunk, App Dynamics, etc. is required
- Ability to use load tools to monitor, gather, and report application performance
- Knowledge of performance bottlenecks and end-to-end performance measures (server response time, throughput, latency, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in the performance test environment
- Experience with Git is a plus
- Experience using Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Angular (version 2 or latter), Typescript experience is a plus
Where you'll work:
Our headquarters is located in St. Louis, however, we'll be remote until the time is right to return to the office. When that happens, St. Louis-based employees will be moving to a hybrid work model (three days in office with the option to work remotely for the remaining two). Fully remote employees will be able to stay remote.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.