Software Engineer, Studio
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Snap Inc! As a member of the Augmented Reality team, you will design and implement features, fix bugs, speak with users in order to identify problems and address them with elegant solutions. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with fellow developers and designers to deliver compelling products.
What you’ll do:
- Build world-class products for creation of interactive features
- Implement pixel-perfect design using Qt based on mockups prepared by designers
- Work cross functionally with engineers and designers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- Knowledge of Qt Framework (Qt Widgets and/or QML)
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Solid software design and OOP skills
- Great communication skills; ability to work in a team
- Good understanding of git
- Solid math skills
- Understanding of Linux/Unix environment and command line tools
- Experience with Mac OS X and XCode
- Experience in development of 3D editors or 3D game engines
- Experience with Unity3D or Unreal Engine
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].