Software Engineer, iOS at Honey
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million strong that uses the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. We are looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer in our Los Angeles Arts District headquarters to help shape and scale a growing portfolio of products.
About the team:
This person will focus on building and maintaining features in Honey's iOS app. As a Software Engineer, you'll take ownership of implementing new features, some of which will be visible to our users, and others which will be behind the scenes. You can expect to work with other iOS engineers, backend services teams, product managers, designers, and QA on a daily basis, as well as regular communication with the other client teams (Android, Web, Extension). Your contribution will impact how Honey provides a better way to buy and make money fairer for everyone.
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have built and delivered one or more apps to the Apple App Store.
- 2+ years of experience using Swift or Objective-C
- You’ve used Cocoa Touch, Storyboards, and/or Swift UI
- You are familiar with Git and GitHub
- You know how to do offline storage, threading, or performance tuning in an iOS app
- You have interfaced with GraphQL or REST APIs from an iOS app
- You know how to use cloud message APIs and push notifications (through Firebase or similar)
- You know it’s important to monitor your production systems using tools like Sentry and Datadog
- You lint and test all your code or know you should, are willing to deploy your systems to production and troubleshoot them if they fail
- You know about continuous integration systems like Fastlane, Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
In this role, you'll:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 7+ other software engineers.
- Design, build, and maintain Honey’s applications for iOS
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of all of Honey’s iOS applications
- Build monitoring for all your applications and tasks to ensure their reliability and health
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Work closely with a product manager for your mission team on product requirements and translating those requirements to technical solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on MacOS and Safari App extensions
- Experience with Android
- Experience with React Native
- Knowledge of Apple’s low-level C-based libraries
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Los Angeles - Traction, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.