Software Engineer, iOS at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking Mobile Engineers to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
If you aren't already in the Los Angeles area, don't fret - we'll move you here!
On the Engineering team, we value problem-solving, collaboration, constant learning, and curiosity about how things work. We are looking for engineers who want to be better at their job today than they were yesterday. You will work with a diverse group of people to create solutions at scale, delivering high reliability, and an exceptional user experience using the latest technology like GraphQL, Kubernetes, and Google Spanner. With a strong focus on ownership, Honey is the ideal place to grow your career and make an impact on products that are used by millions.
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You’ve been part of a team that delivered an app to Apple’s App Store and are familiar with Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- You’ve used Cocoa Touch, React Native, or React.js
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You know how to do offline storage, threading, or performance tuning in an iOS app
- You know how to use GraphQL APIs in an iOS app
- You know how to use cloud message APIs and push notifications (through Firebase or similar)
- You know it’s important to monitor your production systems using tools like Sentry and Datadog
- You lint and test all your code or know you should, are willing to deploy your systems to production and troubleshoot them if they fail
- You know about continuous integration systems like Fastlane, Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
In this role, you'll:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 2-5 other software engineers.
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Design, build, and maintain Honey’s applications for iOS
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of all of Honey’s iOS applications
- Build monitoring for all your applications and tasks to ensure their reliability and health
- Work closely with a product manager for your mission team on product requirements and translating those requirements to technical solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on MacOS and Safari App extensions
- Experience with Android
- Knowledge of Apple’s low-level C-based libraries
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.