Software Engineer III, iOS at Crunchyroll (Culver City, CA or Remote)
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
About the role
You will ...
- Work with engineers, product managers, and project managers to implement new features across Crunchyroll's iOS and Apple TV app
- Coordinate with team manager on technical designs and technology decisions
- Coordinate with multiple teams and manage dependencies where applicable
- Ensure that team tasks are completed promptly
- Ensure good code quality by doing rigorous code reviews and maintaining good code coverage on tests
- Work with team manager to develop a comprehensive testing pyramid
- Mentor engineers to level up their skills
In the role of Software Engineer III, iOS, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager, iOS.
This role is open for US-remote.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development with a background in Swift
- Record of success with applications, games and/or utilities for iOS
- Working knowledge with iOS SDK, common iOS app architectures and design patterns
- Experience with development for memory- and performance-limited devices in a multi-threaded environment
- Cross-collaborative experience and result and delivery oriented
About the Team
The iOS platform team builds and maintains our Crunchyroll apps for iOS and Apple TV. Our goal is to produce a robust application that delivers content to delight and engage our audiences, partners and team members. We embody Crunchyroll's collaborative spirit, and work with multiple teams to engineer scalable solutions that can be shared across all client platforms.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
#LifeAtCrunchyroll ((select from the following job modalities for this role: #LI-Hybrid #LI-remote #LI-onsite))
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - Culver City, CA
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.