Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. Check out our latest YouTube video here!
The Integrated Software team is responsible for developing a wide array of software across the entire company. This includes controlling the rocket from launch pad to orbit, providing real-time control systems for engine testing, structures testing, and launch facilities, and lastly (but certainly not least) creating our factory of the future with our proprietary 3D printing technology. This team is at the forefront of driving Relativity Space towards our mission of a multiplanetary future, from changing how we manufacture rockets to how we fly them.
What you'll do:
- Help develop software across one of many layers: bare-metal, RTOS, flight-critical control systems, backend APIs, front-end UX, or data storage systems.
- Learn best practices around code quality, unit testing, and CI/CD.
- Join a team with experienced individuals in domain specific fields like launch vehicle software, real-time systems, and data engineering.
Skills/Competencies we're looking for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student graduating in December 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022
- Earning your degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience developing software across a variety of tech stacks.
- Ability to be nimble and quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience with software development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively.
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience with designing microservices.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to learn requirements
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.