Software Engineer (Fullstack, Enablement) at Supernatural (Greater LA Area, CA)
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
We’re looking for a talented fullstack software engineer to build out our music curation and content management systems.
At Supernatural we move fast in a rigorous and creative environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable exploring unfamiliar databases and codebases, and take initiative in solving tough problems. This is a software engineering position, and you will be a core team member responsible for developing robust API services, backend systems, and frontend interfaces that power Supernatural’s workout creation and content curation. As part of the Enablement team, you’ll help our creatives and producers build out the Supernatural VR app’s content and empower them to work faster, easier, and more creatively.
- Implement scalable, stable and reliable infrastructure
- Implement new features and major redesigns of CMS frontend
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement and planning discussions
- Collaborate on backend server development and application feature development
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including product managers, program managers, designers, QA, marketing and other roles
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers
- Foster a growth mindset, regularly seek out opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with empathy and understanding, create a safe space to share ideas
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of experience developing distributed system using micro services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Python/Flask/Django)
- Experience with Node.js, and/or modern frameworks like React/Vue/Angular
- Sensitivity to UX/UI design
- 1+ years of experience with SQL databases
- Appreciation for PCI compliance, GDPR and PII protection laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to break down technical concepts for non-technical team members
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with productivity tools / content management systems
The base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $130,000 annually. Base pay is one part of Within’s total compensation package, which also includes benefits such as health insurance, equity, bonus incentive programs, company perks and more. While this range may provide a helpful estimate of expected pay for this position, it does not take into account individual factors that may influence pay such as experience, qualifications, skillset, location, education and other business critical needs.
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however, applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.