Software Engineer (Full Stack) at WELL Health (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email and telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA for two consecutive years. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and #133 on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 500. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health is looking for a talented, experienced developer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. This developer will primarily be working with Node.js and React/Redux. As a Full Stack Engineer at WELL Health, you will work under the guidance of our Engineering Director in a cross functional team of backend and frontend engineers that. You will cross between working on React code, and working in Node (NestJS) to create the APIs to support that front end code.
You will work with the rest of the team to maintain and grow features in the code base. This will include supporting Node.js web facing APIs, writing SQL queries, automating interactions with partner APIs, and enhancing and extending our in-app user experience.
In addition to being a strong developer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 30+ million patients annually. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Maintain existing and build new backend APIs using Typescript on Node.js, open source technology and tools including NestJS and Express.
- Maintain existing and build new browser based features in React/Redux.
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, integration and e2e tests for browser based code and server APIs.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, Client Success, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years designing and implementing backend APIs and front end applications.
- Proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Commitment to testing best practices
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with:
- Event sourced and microservice architecture
- Domain Driven Design
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and is opening a second office in Los Angeles, CA. Today, all WELL Health positions are remote. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram profile to hear from our employees about working at WELL Health.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.