Software Engineer, Full-Stack at Tradesy
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to work closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop reliable, performant, secure and scalable systems.
We are also migrating our applications, services, data warehouse and data pipelines to Google Cloud to take advantage of Google’s cutting edge technologies like BigQuery, Pub/Sub and Dataproc. We’re already leveraging the power of BigQuery and Google’s Data ecosystem in very interesting ways. If this is something that sounds exciting to you then you are the right candidate for us.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Work closely with Designers, Marketing and Business Intelligence to implement highly targeted landing pages and other content to help ensure the right adds leads the right customers to the right products.
- Work with our metrics tracking systems to steadily improve the quality and value of the data we collect.
- Work closely with other engineers to adhere to and help steadily improve our development and deployment processes.
- Integrate front end implementations with our PHP back-end to retrieve and store data.
- Contribute with other development work as needed.
- Work closely with Software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests).
- Experience working in other languages a plus, Python or PHP a big plus.
- Proficiency with modern HTML/CSS technologies: HTML5, CSS, Flex Box.
- Familiarity with modern CSS tools and methods like SASS, and CSS in JS.
- Familiarity with front end component libraries such as twitter bootstrap, and CSS grids.
- Excellent ability to translate a comp into an implementation, and how to communicate with designers and managers about requested work to ensure clarity and correctness.
- Strong understanding of responsive design. Know how to make one page that will work for all devices/resolutions.
- Strong knowledge of page resource considerations: Image File Sizes, including large libraries, etc.
- Ability to wear the designer hat from time to time to move forward with smaller tasks more quickly is a plus.
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Good work/life balance
- Flexible schedule within reason
- Collaborative, fun team