Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Factual’s “Front Team”, our small band of full-stack developers, is looking to gain a growth-minded engineer. The Front Team works out of Factual’s Century City headquarters. We’re responsible for Factual’s customer-facing products and tools.
Here’s what your first year with us looks like:
- Ownership: We have a bias for growth on Front and we want you to own your work. You'll have the opportunity to own features and products, set direction, and collaborate directly with the business.
- Results: Products to build, features to add, systems to hone, breakage to un-break. Your contributions will make a massive impact within the team and will be visible across the company.
- Standards: It’s a topsy-turvy, PoC, MVP, have-you-shipped-it-yet world. Still, you want to do things the right way — teamwork; planning; risk management; high cohesion & loose coupling; clean code; usability; fun. We'll draw the lines together.
- DevOps / Deploy: Release early & often; blue-green; rollout switches. Help us evolve our hybrid colo + AWS cloud system. Join our ongoing roadmap for further innovation around Docker, Kubernetes, the HashiCorp stack, and more. We'll make things better, together.
- Monitoring: Wield proven tools like InfluxDB, Grafana, and the ELK stack. And whatever else we think will get the job done.
- Mentorship: We're a diverse, tight-knit team, ranging from just-out-of-college to long-time-veteran. We all have more to learn. We're delighted to teach you what we know and we look forward to learning from you as well.
We're looking for someone who wants to learn, grow, and work in a collaborative team environment. You’re interested in projects with challenges that range throughout the stack, are proactively measured, and matter to your users.
Crucial for your success on the Front Team:
- A healthy appreciation of the fast-paced and evolving full-stack world
- An ability to thrive on a lively growth-oriented team
- A driving desire to Get Things Done
Arvin, joined us full time in the Summer of 2017 after graduating from UCLA
Edwin, joined us as a senior engineer in the Summer of 2018
Enyu, joined us full time in the Summer of 2016 after graduating from UCLA
Forrest, started back in 2008
Hao (a.k.a., “HH”), been at Factual since 2008
Joe, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of UCLA
Laura, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2018, out of MIT
Steven, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of Cornell
Read what people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.