Software Engineer, Front End/Full Stack
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored
We are looking for a Front End/Full Stack Web Engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of websites and web applications. You will be working on developing scalable, responsive websites and web applications, working closely with a UX/UI designer to create the best end-to-end customer experience.
You will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate across the team to meet very aggressive goals. These communication skills will be critical when partnering with other software team members (engineers, UI/UX, research and development) to ensure effective collaboration and deliver highly reliable and functional products. The right candidate will write high quality, documented code. Candidate must display the ability to solve complex problems and motivated to drive projects to completion.
Join us as we build a new department focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future.
Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
- Responsible for architecting and building responsive websites and web applications ranging from prototypes to delivered products
- Will work cross-functionally to understand and address EcoSense needs
- Collaborates with product managers and designers to innovate and shape products as we develop exciting capabilities
- Work in a small team on game-changing products so you will need to be flexible, proactive and forward thinking
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art technology help maintain our edge
Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
- 3-5 years’ experience creating and maintaining websites
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in web development and Front-End engineering
- Comfort building across the stack in Java or Python
- Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks: React, Angular, Ember, Backbone.js, Dojo, or Bootstrap
- Experience developing consumer-facing software
- Experience developing software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Experience working at a startup or startup environment
- Knack for benchmarking
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities on-time and independently as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Portfolio of previous work to review
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.