Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. As a member of the Integrated Software team, you will help develop mission critical software for control of the rocket, ground system software for vehicle interaction, and sophisticated software simulations for testing.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. As a Software Engineer on the Integrated Software team, you will help push us towards this goal by contributing in many areas. The core responsibility will be to work with our Avionics, Guidance, Navigation, Control, and Propulsions team to develop complex mission critical flight software. In this capacity you will also be expected to contribute to both flight and ground software that is critical to mission success.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related technical field and 2+ years relevant experience in software development.
- Proficient in C++, and/or other object-oriented languages.
- Proficient in algorithms and data structures.
- Proficient in developing software for Linux or other Unix-like operating system.
- Experience with software development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience with micro-service architectures.
- Experience with systems-level programming like synchronization primitives, memory management, etc.
- Experience with different inter-process communication methods.
- Experience with Python.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.