Software Engineer, Embedded Systems
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Spectacles are our sunglasses that Snap! They make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and then relive them later. The Spectacles team is the newest member of the Snap Inc. family, situated at the intersection of cutting edge camera technology and software. The team works every day to create fun new ways to express yourself and capture the world!
We’re looking for a Embedded Software Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll be tasked with solving interesting technical challenges, particularly with the engineering code that enables physical devices and embedded systems.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS degree in electrical/computer engineering or related field
- Experience in BSP/kernel software design
- System-level integration experience
- Microcontroller level software design experience
- Linux kernel programming experience
- Experience developing firmware and device drivers
- Examples of rapid prototyping, hardware bring-up, software feature design, and testing
- Strong, demonstrable coding skills in C and C++
- Experience with sensor design and integration
- Experience with wireless technology integration
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].