Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are seeking seasoned Software Engineers to join our Core Architecture team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
About The Role:
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join Honey’s Core Architecture team. This is a primarily backend, platforms and systems role. You will be responsible for the evolution of multiple Honey fundamental engineering services and platforms. You will be sought as an expert of frameworks, advocate for best practices and cross-team influencer. You will be expected to partner with cross-functioning as well as specialized teams like SRE and Security in delivering robust, scalable, secure and resilient solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and operate Honey’s APIs with a focus on performance and reliability
- Participate in new feature development for Honey’s engineers to interact with our backend data architecture
- Evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with other software engineers.
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s millions of users
- Help to design, implement, and maintain platform level solutions used by other engineering teams and the larger Honey organization
- Work closely with SRE and Cyber Security teams to prevent and mitigate attacks; plan and implement large scale events
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You lint all your code or know you should
- You know what parts of your code require tests and you write those tests
- You use strong, objective judgement in leveraging the right frameworks and technologies
- You are versed in cloud computing systems (GCP, AWS, etc.) and SAAS concepts
- You build modern, resilient and operationally sane backend systems exemplifying industry standards (HTTP REST, GraphQL, Steam processing, Big Data)
- You leverage continuous integration systems to their full extend (CircleCI, Bamboo, Jenkins, TravisCI)
- You plan for, built, evolve and scrutinize monitoring and alerting for your production systems
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your systems in production and staging environments
- You’ve architected with both SQL and NoSQL data stores; we use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, Git, Golang, Java
- Experience with GraphQL, GraphQL Federation, REST APIs and supporting network protocols
- Experience with a distributed SQL platform like CockroachDB or Google Spanner
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, or other “Big Data” systems
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Los Angeles - Traction, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.