Software Engineer (Back-End)
We are looking for a Back-end Engineer to help us build the most sophisticated consumer advocacy AI, reaching millions of customers. Our back-end team architects and implements automation bots, data pipelines and rest APIs, in Node JS, to help consumers earn real money. If you are interested in tackling gnarly technical challenges like web crawling, messaging, nlp and big data--join Earny for a real challenge.
Who we are:
With one click Earny (www.earny.com) gets you money! Earny is a personal assistant that automatically gets you money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf.
We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
- Develop bots, rest APIs and data pipelines using NodeJS, while leveraging cloud platforms
- Be responsible for architecting and implementing efficient and reliable solutions
- Take ownership of solutions from design to deployment to daily operations.
- Work closely with product, marketing, operations and other functions.
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 2-5 years of experience in back end development
- Development experience with Node.js or similar asynchronous programming platform.
- Strong engineering skills including architecture, testing, monitoring, operations and deployment
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful services
- Experience with web scraping, puppeteer, PhantomJS or similar platforms
- Expertise with AWS or another cloud provider
- Strong git skills while working with an Agile team
- Database modeling skills in either SQL or NoSQL.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Casual work environment
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.
- Catered lunches 2x per week