Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Technology Department seeks a Software Engineer to join our Los Angeles, CA office. The Software Engineer will work directly with Viant’s ad server, managing a high-volume, low-latency application that processes billions of unique requests a day. For the right candidate, this role offers a great opportunity to work with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms as part of bid optimization, dynamic performance optimization, as well as develop a self-diagnostic and healing architecture.
- Provides technical expertise to implement and deliver various web and other system projects
- Gathers and analyzes requirements, design and development of the projects
- Organizes and participates in review sessions and contribute to design insights for the projects
- Develops good quality projects in a challenging timeframe and assists other members of the team
- Participates in system testing to ensure quality deliverables
- Contributes to the development and continuous review of the existing projects as well as participate in view and scope of future projects
- Engage in all phases of software development life cycle
- Interfaces with program managers and other developers for project-based assignments
- Contributes to and has responsibility for completion of assigned project
- Minimum B.S in computer science or related fields preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with J2EE/Servlet/JSP, Tomcat, Jboss, JDBC (Golang a plus)
- Experience performing requirements gathering, analysis and specification
- Able to develop detailed design specifications
- Expert ability to effectively identify and resolve project issues in a timely manner
- Commitment to providing excellent quality products
- Strong analytical and logic thinking capability
- Good organizational abilities, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable to fast changes in product requirements and development environment
- A team player and can effectively utilize the resource provided by the team/company
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.