Software Development Manager at Crexi
We currently have an opening for a Software Development Manager. We are seeking an engineering manager with great technical background to manage a cross-functional team for a full-time position in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are the commercial real estate industry’s fastest-growing marketplace, data, and technology platform dedicated to supporting the CRE industry and its stakeholders. We enable commercial real estate professionals to quickly streamline, manage, and grow their businesses using the industry’s most advanced technology. Since launching in 2015, we have quickly become the fastest-growing CRE marketplace and most advanced platform in the industry. CREXi has helped buyers, sellers, and brokers transact business on over 200,000 commercial listings totaling more than $800 billion in property value.
In this role you will:
• Manage a cross-functional team of engineers (back-end, front-end, QA)
• Be responsible for execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results within two-week sprint agile environment
• Hire, mentor and retain software development engineers at different levels of experience
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical solutions
• Collaborate with other company departments (product, CS, marketing, sales) to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Provide production support and troubleshooting
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 8+ years overall software development experience
• 3+ years of managing software development teams in an agile development environment.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in working with cloud native services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in back-end technologies (Microsoft stack - .Net, SQL Server) is a plus.
• Experience in web technologies and SPA frameworks (React, Angular, etc) is a plus
• Team player, passionate, and creative problem solver