LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
REPORTS TO: QA Director
TigerConnect - the leading provider of HIPAA compliant messaging and workflow optimization tools for the healthcare industry - is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team in Santa Monica. This individual will participate in the core development process to ensure the delivery of quality applications through automation. The primary responsibilities will be building automation frameworks, scripting to support multiple platforms, developing tools to allow QA Engineers to implement their own functional tests, and evaluating and reporting on product quality and automation needs over time.
The SDET will work cross-functionally with an integrated team of developers, product managers, and QA Engineers for test planning and development, automation requirements, and tools creation.
What You’ll Own:
- Evaluating our currently existing automation framework and test scripts and driving any necessary changes.
- Defining, developing, maintaining, and executing the automation of test scripts utilizing a variety of different functional frameworks to provide robust test coverage.
- Developing an easy to understand test coverage matrix and report on automation’s successes and failures.
- Building tools to help QA Engineers implement their own test scripts within the automation framework
- Striving to ensure that User Stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users
- Ensuring automation coverage and test execution is complete during each sprint and prior to release
- Support our Platform QA Engineers in performing white-box testing when necessary
- Involvement in new feature automation supporting the development team
- Conducting feasibility studies on comprehensive test plans that drive the automation strategy
- Conducting test-leveling exercises to determine the best test layer to secure code quality
What you’ve accomplished:
- 2+ years of full-time, hands-on SDET experience in an agile environment
- Experience in automating web applications, iOS and/or Android mobile apps
- Experience with automation tools such as Appium, XCTest, Xcode and Android Studio
- Familiarity with build tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working with external testing solutions such as SauceLabs or BrowserStack
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Knowledge of QA methodologies including functional, performance, regression, black-box, and white-box testing
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Healthcare, SaaS, or Enterprise industry experience is a plus
- Highly autonomous with willingness to own projects and learn new skills to solve technical problems
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes.
Trusted by more than 6,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day.
It is recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Tech Startups in Santa Monica (2019 & 2020) and a Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). TigerConnect currently has over 150 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.