About the Software Development Engineer in Test - Python:
At Scorpion, we are looking for a dedicated SDET to maximize the value and effectiveness of our software teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions. We need an experienced engineering professional who embraces collaborative, agile testing processes and focuses on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
This role requires working with project leaders and contributors to define test automation strategy and drive implementation on high profile projects. Successful candidates can evaluate the latest tools and automation frameworks and extend them appropriately.
- Perform all aspects of automated back end testing.
- Develop detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Produce status reports and quality metrics.
- Facilitate defect triage and manage the overall defect resolution process.
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability and coverage.
- Must have proficiency in Python and PyTest
- C#, TypeScript, Cypress, and SQL proficiency is highly desirable
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker, and Microservice architecture is highly desirable
- Must have 5+ years of experience in the Software QE (or related) field, with at least 2 years of experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Must have experience in all phases of the software and testing life-cycle, inception through deployment
- Strong functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
- Must have experience in API testing, performance testing, vulnerability testing, load testing, and stress testing.
Read Full Job Description